的 荣誉项目 Briar Cliff为志同道合的人创建了一个社区, motivated students to come together and share transformational experiences.
才有资格参加荣誉课程, you must be an incoming student (first-time freshman, transfer or part-time) who meets at least two of the following three criteria:
Incoming students must also complete an entrance interview with honors Program coordinators.
As a 布瑞尔克利夫大学 honors student, you will be expected to:
- Complete a total of 18 credit hours of honor courses or equivalent experiences; including participation in at least one "Honors Seminar" and customization of one course within your major or field of study.
- Complete 10 hours of community service each year along with a service project organized by the 荣誉项目.
- Participate in a leadership role within the Briar Cliff or your own community
- Display a high level of character and act in accordance with the policies outlined in the 布瑞尔克利夫大学 handbook.
新生, 转学, and part-time students may apply for membership upon meeting the aforementioned requirements, 完成入学面试.
- Any student with two or more disciplinary actions within an academic year will be put on Honors probation or subject to dismissal.
- Any student failing to meet cumulative GPA requirements, 或本节1-3所列的任何要求
- will be put on Honors probation or subject to dismissal.
- Any student who fails to complete 15 hours of documented service per year will be put on Honors probation or subject to dismissal.
- Any student who fails to attend 4 荣誉项目 meetings throughout the duration of the year will be put on Honors probation or subject to dismissal.
*Grounds for dismissal are subject to appeal by members.*
***Honors students on probation will be wait-listed for travel experiences or funding of scholarly activities.
的 executive officers are: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. All officers will be elected in the fall of each academic year for a term of one calendar year.
- Work in conjunction with the Vice President to maintain the accuracy of information housed on the 荣誉项目 webpage.
- Perform all duties of the President in his/her absence
- Assist the President in all decisions made and actions taken by the organization
- Supervise any committees formed by the organization
- Work in conjunction with the President to maintain the accuracy of information housed on the 荣誉项目 webpage.
- Record and post the proceedings of all general meetings, including attendance
- Enact and maintain all official correspondence within the Academic Year
- Submit all required forms to Briar Cliff 学生会 (or other necessary committee, 组织, 等.)
- Track and send notifications of 荣誉项目 requirement statuses each semester.
- Receive and disperse all funds for the organization
- Submit all required monetary forms to Briar Cliff 学生会 (or other necessary committee, 组织, 等.)
Advisor/Director: 的 acting director of the 荣誉项目 is Paul Korchin.
Members: 的 Executive Committee shall consist of the four executive officers who will:
- Manage the property and business of the organization with the help of the coordinator
Meetings Executive Committee meetings will be held at least once a month; meetings will be in attendance by the committee members and the director.
General meetings shall be held at least once a month, 与日期, 次, 地点也提前公布了.
所有符合资格的会员均可投票. Coordinator and Executive members’ votes shall be included in the total vote count. 必须出席投票. 多数规则. Any amendments to the constitution must be read at two, consecutive general meetings and receive a two-thirds majority to be enacted.
Membership dues shall be determined yearly by the Executive Committee
提名 for positions shall be taken at a specified meeting during spring semester of the proceeding year.
的 winner of an election will be the member who receives the majority of a general membership vote.
- 仅限荣誉班. 这些学校班级规模较小, 与常规课程相比, and are structured to specifically challenge Honors students.
- 一对一的研究. Get hands-on experience working alongside distinguished faculty members on research projects. 你甚至有可能被出版!
- 提早报名上课. You'll get first chance to register courses each semester.
- 担任荣誉执行委员会成员. It's another great resume builder and chance to network.
- 旅游的机会. 看世界, traveling internationally and domestically with other Honors students on special academic field trips and mission trips.
- 有所作为. Participate in Honors service projects and positively impact the community.
- 以优异成绩毕业. Receive recognition at commencement and on your transcript for completing the program.